Keeping yourself on a Keto diet isn’t always easy. Especially if you think you are missing out on things like pepperoni pizza. With all of the research, I have been doing there are so many ways you can still enjoy your favorite foods with just a bit of reworking your recipes. Keto doesn’t have to be boring and this recipe definitely proves it. See you can have your cake and eat it too.
Disclosure: Amazon links may be incorporated into the post. If clicked I may receive a small commission from your purchase.
What Type of “Crust” Does Keto Pepperoni Pizza Use?
This guilt-free pepperoni pizza features a melt-in-your-mouth baked cream cheese “crust,” plus all the incredible flavor you’ve come to expect from this life long favorite. As we know (those that are already on the Keto lifestyle) we can’t have your normal bread crust. I will eventually mourn the loss, but I know I will feel so much better not having it. Bread tends to make me feel sluggish and bloated, so this version of “crust” is perfect.
You can also incorporate your favorite spices in your crust such as basil, or thyme. If you love a certain spice experiment with it in your crust.
Do I Have to Do Just Pepperoni?
Of course not! If you like sausage you can put some sausage on top of your keto-friendly pizza. Or if you are more into bacon bits and spinach that would be another idea.
Other Topping Ideas
- Bell Peppers
- Mushrooms (All Kinds)
- Peppers (All Kinds)
- Salami (small amount if you like that on your pizza)
- Bacon Bits
What’s more, the versatile cream cheese crust recipe can be tweaked to include your favorite herbs and spices for a truly distinctive flavor. But don’t stop there! Experiment with your favorite pizza toppings for a quick and satisfying meal you can enjoy any night of the week.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 c. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1½ t. dried basil, divided
- 1½ t. dried oregano, divided
- 1 t. garlic powder, divided
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1½ T. tomato paste
- 3 T. sugar-free tomato sauce
- 4 oz. pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 1 c. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375° F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon basil and oregano, and ½ teaspoon garlic powder in a medium-sized bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and whisk until mixture is completely blended and smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture onto the prepared baking sheet into the desired shape and thickness. (For thicker crusts, reduce oven temperature to 350° F and increase baking times for best results).
- Place the crust in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until slightly puffed and golden brown. Check halfway through cooking time to ensure the crust bakes evenly and does not become too brown.
- In the meantime, whisk the tomato paste, tomato sauce, the remaining dried herbs, and the garlic powder in a small bowl. Lightly season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Remove the pizza base from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before topping with tomato sauce, sliced pepperoni, and shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Return pizza to oven and bake for another 10 minutes, or just until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven and garnish with fresh basil, if desired, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Carbohydrates: 5.3 ggNet Carbohydrates: 4.4 ggFiber: 0.9 gg